From Maties Ubuntu
The campus IT department does not officially support Ubuntu
Please refer to the Ubuntu campus community for support
The Ubuntu campus community only supports LTS releases
The latest LTS version of Ubuntu is 12.04 (Precise Pangolin)
The idea is to download a free Ubuntu ISO image, burn that to a blank CD/DVD and then use that CD/DVD to create a bootable USB stick to be used for installations. USB sticks are faster and more portable.
- Step 1. Download an Ubuntu ISO CD image
- 64 bit - For newer faster systems
- 32 bit - For older slower systems
- Step 2. Create a bootable USB stick for installation
Once you have a downloaded CD ISO image, then you can make a bootable USB stick by clicking on the link below for instructions.
- http://www.pendrivelinux.com (USB live-stick creator for Windows, Mac and Ubuntu)