From Maties Ubuntu
- Step 1 - Install the Ubuntu desktop operating system
- Step 2 - Setup access to the campus software servers
** This will save you a lot of money on internet costs **
- Step 3 - Setup access to the internet
- Step 4 - Setup campus SAFECOM printing
- Step 5 - Setup access to your campus RGA H: drive network files
- Step 6 - Setup a fully multimedia capable system
- Setup access to other campus IT resources
- For off-campus users - Setup a VPN connection from off-campus to on-campus.
- For staff only - Setup access to the campus financial system using Tera_Term or QVTerm.
For more information and help with Ubuntu, browse through this website.
** You use this wiki entirely at your own risk **
The authors/editors of this wiki accept no responsibility in any way whatsoever for any damages incurred, arising from the use of any information or software provided by the use of this wiki, to provide support for Ubuntu on the campus of Stellenbosch University.
In addition, please note that all Maties Ubuntu members are unpaid volunteers.
All help is subject to the "ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY" condition found in the GNU General Public License .
The content on this wiki is covered by the CC-BY-SA creative commons licence.