From Maties Ubuntu
Unity is the new default user interface for Ubuntu.
Unity is designed for user interface convergence on all devices such as desktops, smartphones, tablets, and TV's.
Below are brief guidelines on how to use the interface.
On the left of the computer screen is the "Launcher", click on the icons to launch/start programs.
- On the "Launcher", click on the Ubuntu logo to access the "Dash".
- Type a search item in the search box.
- Or click on the various "Lens" at the bottom of the "Dash" and search.
- System Settings
- Quick Keyboard Shortcuts Help
On your keyboard, press and hold down the "Windows" labeled key, for a couple of seconds, until the shortcuts guide pops up.
- Open the Dash and type Help
- Unity PDF Help Guide - Brief
- Unity PDF Help Guide - Advanced
- Unity Help Wallpaper
- Old User Interface
- Perhaps you are not ready for the Unity interface, if so, then click here to install the legacy Gnome UI
- Then logout.
- Using the lightdm login manager, select a Gnome fallback session by clicking on the Ubuntu logo.
- Then login again.